WORK WITH US
Title: Lodge Manager
Location: Lisu Lodge, Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai
Reports to: General Manager, Asian Oasis Travel
Subordinates: All full-time, part-time, and casual employees at the Lodge
The Lodge Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Lodge with focus on guest relations and satisfaction, community relations and staff and supplier relations. The Lodge Manager maintains and
further improves the standards of service, the quality of the Lodge building, facilities and grounds, the
quality and service standards of “Lahu Outpost”, and coordinates with the relevant people on the quality
and standards of the offered excursions and activities around the Lodge. Furthermore, the Lodge Manager
quickly establishes and maintains an excellent working relationship with the adjacent Lisu & Akha Village
and works with them on future projects to benefit from our community-based operations of the Lodge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the Lodge team in the development and implementation of location-specific as well as company-wide strategies.
- Ensures renewed implementation and maintenance of the guest service standards in the Lodge with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Is highly visible and interacts with guests on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction and obtains suggestions for further improvement.
- Hires employees who demonstrate enthusiasm, guest focus and reliability. To fulfill our mission, these employees are preferably hired from the village adjacent to the Lodge.
- Coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance.
- Ensures that service and technical skills training occurs in regular intervals to support successful daily operation.
- Suggests innovative ideas and proactively develops new programs / activities / strategies to continue to grow occupancy and revenue.
- Builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement during site inspections, media – or fam trips.
- Reviews daily revenues and occupancy to determine how the Lodge is performing against budget. Develops strategies to improve the property’s financial performance and occupancy.
- Identifies opportunities to create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change after discussing them with the General Manager.
- Ensures that expenditure funds are being used solely for the stated purposes.
- Ensures and maintains quality and standards of all activities and excursions around the Lodge, including “Lahu Outpost” and the bathrooms at the Whitewater Rafting Site.
- Ensures good maintenance of all technical equipment and operations equipment in the Lodge and of its vehicles.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the other Managers of Asian Oasis products in northern Thailand, i.e. Araksa Tea Garden and Lanjia Lodge.
- Monitors on a weekly and daily basis the forecasted number of visitors and guests and plans all Lodge activities with the Team accordingly.
- Assists in the tasks of planning to purchase food and other goods, stock-taking and controlling and proper set-up of all guest rooms and public areas of the Lodge according to Lodge standards.
- Checks frequently the quality of work of all employees and the cleanliness and complete set-up of guest rooms prior to guests’ arrival.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the local Sales in Chiang Mai as well as in Bangkok and informs of need periods and proposes ideas for promotions and / or new itineraries / activities.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Operations Officer in the Chiang Mai Office and informs the General Manager of any possible improvements in the planning and execution of guest transfers and activities, its pricing and of the quality and standards of freelance tour guides hired by the Operations Office.
- Works closely with the local village community, ensures that their services rendered to the Lodge are timely and of good standard and involves in the planning and execution of community projects.
- Oversees daily activities, staff and buildings of the “Himmapaan Foundation” on the grounds of Lisu Lodge and plans and participates in the annual Tree Planting Day.
- Performs other duties as assigned when they become necessary.